Don’t you just love the 21st Century? The advancement of technology and the continued push to defend free speech while fighting for transparency? We need more of if, don’t you think? Transparency that is.
These e-mails sent by Ferguson police and officials are pretty transparent. They were discovered during the investigation done by the Department of Justice. Almost unbelievable, but not quite.
Let’s see how people defend these actions, documented and sealed with a stamp from one of the greatest technological inventions of our times, e-mail.
“Here are the seven emails the Justice Department uncovered, all of which come from current employees and were apparently sent during work hours:
- A November 2008 email said President Barack Obama won’t be president for long because ‘what black man holds a steady job for four years.’
- A March 2010 email mocked African Americans with horrible stereotypes about their families and how they speak. One line of the email read, ‘I be so glad that dis be my last child support payment! Month after month, year after year, all dose payments!’
- An April 2011 email depicted President Obama as a chimpanzee.
- A May 2011 email said, ‘An African-American woman in New Orleans was admitted into the hospital for a pregnancy termination. Two weeks later she received a check for $5,000. She phoned the hospital to ask who it was from. The hospital said, “Crimestoppers.”‘
- A June 2011 email said a man wanted to obtain ‘welfare’ for his dogs because they are ‘mixed in color, unemployed, lazy, can’t speak English and have no frigging clue who their Daddies are.’
- An October 2011 email had a photo of a bare-chested group of dancing women, apparently in Africa, with the caption, ‘Michelle Obama’s High School Reunion.’
- A December 2011 email made jokes based off offensive stereotypes about Muslims.” ~ G. Lopez, vox.com
Link to Article: http://www.vox.com/2015/3/4/8149699/ferguson-police-racist-jokes